Saturday, September 24, 2011

In The Green Waters

Recently I spoke to the Southern Piedmont Artists Guild in Monroe and in the fantasy demo that followed it was requested I combine a jackalope and a mermaid. I had no memory or reference for a jackalope so I had to wing it. After starting it at the meeting, I finished it at home. I actually had a different background up top and hated it so I took it out with a brush and added fixative to allow for more pastel. I also used some fixative to allow me to come back and brighten the colors a bit. Enjoy.

In The Green Waters, 12 x 16, pastel, $250

1 comment:

  1. For someone not familiar with a jackalope (me either!), it is pretty amazing what you came up with here Walter! You magically captured the feeling of this creature in the water and allows the viewer to step right into it's "shoes" or fins. Beautiful colors. Love the fish, too!

    ReplyDelete